POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LILYview Splash Screen : LILYview Splash Screen Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  LILYview Splash Screen
From: Ive
Date: 14 May 2002 11:51:43
Message: <3ce1328f@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

this is my first image posted to this newsgroup.

I will use it as a kind of "splash-screen" for a tiny piece of
software called LILYview. It soon (lets say in three days,
its in heavy beta testing right now) will be available as
freeware from my website. The image resolution had to be
sampled down to about 300x400 pixel.

The lily is a 3dx mesh stolen from the web, all other objects
are done by me using simple csg with lathe and one iso for
the corkscrew.
The scene uses radiosity and photons (only for the glass of
vine to keep render time low) and also the lens flare include
by Nathan Kopp.
And BTW the vine is a valpolicella.

I know, it's a cliche (the famous raytracing sunset over
a water plane) but I think it fits for the use as splash
screen.
I'm not really satisfied with the scene but I was a little bit
in a hurry -  and right now I have time 'till friday to do
one more high res render.

So please, any ideas, suggestions, improvements or
whatever out there?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'LILYview.jpg' (71 KB)